I AM THE ARTIST AND WORLD IS MY CANVAS



I open my eyes

With a purpose in my mind,

Life on it’s curvy path
It’s actually quite a one-of-a-kind.

The lofty mountains,

The oceans so wide.

Browns and blues,

A palette so myriad.

I am determined to avoid the greys,

Not just in the hair

But in every whichever way.

I am intrigu
ed by the yellow in the buzzing bee,

The green in the eyes of the boy who just pickedup a tip over his regular fee.

I noticed the pink blush on the new bride’s cheeks,

I like the reds in the Valentine weeks.

I love the silver in my father’s mane,

Narrating stories down the memory lane.

The world is my canvas,

And I am the artist.

I can let flowers bloom,

Or show it my fist.

It’s up to me,

What colors I choose-

That’ll seal my fate,

On whether I win or lose.

My paintings will tell me

Whether I am a sinner or a saint,

Let me show love in all that I paint.

I intend to do just that

I really thought for awhile,

I will only be collecting smiles.

Making little joys my keepsake,

Till the time my eyes are awake

Comments

Popular Posts