I WROTE A LETTER TO VAN GOGH



photo- @vimalpaintings

Dear Van Gogh,

                    I  also think of time as this prison. Time makes us all the prisoners of the present from ever transitioning from our own past into an unknown future and  what is particularly disturbing to me  is that we can alter any other coordinates, up and down, left and right but its time that we are struck in , its unmoveble, we can’t move forward in time or backward arbitrarily. That coordinate have fundamental differences from the other three. People invented time keeping, which is historically derived from cosmic. What time tells you that you can keep track of time even though you have no idea about time.

I am suspended in a sort of  Self-inflicting, creative madness, At least, that’s what I like to call it. It feels as if I am held captive in a masochistic cell, and voluntarily so., Where the walls are painted with dark colors, My lovely rainbow colored with hues of black and grey. But this cell is my own
But this cell is my home, And I have painted all the walls And I have painted all the windows With the shades of black that I love most. To every artist belongs his own pallet And the colors I have chosen are all dark As I try to cover the writings on the walls, As I try to hide all the stories I belong to, As I try to hide all the stories that are me. And I don’t let anyone inside  Because they would never approve, Because they would never understand,This suspension of my personal madness And my love for all things that reminds us. I was wondering if I am the only one has had this madness.

i discovered your painting in 2006 on a postcard but it was only 3 years ago I started to understand true meaning and pain in each painting you have painted. From that day onwards I am no longer that person I was before. I used to question my artistic abilities whether they will make a dent on art world but you work inspired me to continue exploring new idea and boosted my confidence.  you traced the movement of his own troubled-soul in the art with brilliance, with such delicacy, with such responsiveness that you can’t help it unaffected by it.

I think this is the first I am writing a letter to any artist only to know how it feels like, to pour emotions on paper. I know It may sound oldish but  I wish I was in your time and saw you painting that “starry night” painting. I wish in that time that I personally mail this latter to your address.I wish I had the time machine to go back in time.. It was such a joy and pleasure "writing" this letter to you. To be writing to you, one of the greatest painters that ever lived on this planet fills me up with the greatest feelings.

Thank you  for inspiring Millions and thank you for inspiring me

Yours truly
Shashi Dhar

Comments

Popular Posts