" STRUCK MY SICILIAN THUNDERBOLT "

For the past few weeks, I was waiting for the rain to come. From where I  stand the rain seemed random. If I could stand somewhere else, I may see the order in it. But no! that’s not what I want. I want my soul to feel the rain that I have imagined. The way people say "good things happen when you least expect them to happen". Like Kalidas's chatak bird, my wait was over, the rain had finally arrived. Though my initial thought was that ’rain begins with a single drop' and it’s gonna be gentle and I may feel every drop of it, but unexpectedly, that didn’t happen. instead, without warning, a dark towering cloud hit me like a Sicilian thunderbolt. At first, I was bewildered whether to be happy about her arrival or to stand by my ground behaving like nothing has happened. (1/6)

Comments

Popular Posts