Why Van Gogh?!!!....

                     People ask me why do I check Van Gogh’s painting, why do I keep reading about his paintings and the stories behind it? Why do I care so much about Van Gogh, why do continue to move so many people from so many different backgrounds, so many different parts of the world. Well, I think it’s partly because he traced the movement of his own troubled-soul in the art with brilliance, with such delicacy, with such responsiveness that you can’t help it unaffected by it. Here (image ) Vincent is having a good day, this is one of those days when nature seems touched by gods blessing, he looks at the tree in blossom, its a flame like a candelabra all is well there would be other far darker paintings and I think that’s also one thing that moves us about him . In fact, we know the fact that his life ended in tragedy, we know his life ended in darkness and yet we feel his struggle against that darkness in his every painting. So its two things, its genius, and its tragedy. When one get forget very easily his career from when he decided to be a painter to the moment he died, its astonishingly short, less than 10 years. His maturity, his brilliant years maybe just 4 years. I think its that simplicity, tragedy, and beauty of little life that has moved people since he was discovered after his death. (continue...)

Comments

Popular Posts