I am building city in my cup

 




{agglomeration}


I am building a city in my cup

It’s pasted like a chapped moth,

On the wall, beside my closet.


It is a bright crimson popsicle stain on a white laywork.

It is either soundproof or mute,

I don’t how to solidify sound into words,

Or words into sound.


Because you see,

Little by little,

Everything becomes too large,

To be measured in inches, feets, metres or even miles.

It did.

Of how a monstrous city, little by little,

Graffiti by Graffiti,

Agglomerated into a metropolitan.

Of how a monstrous city, ballad by ballad,

Story by story,

Sorted out to be a roadside tavern,

Where poets are drunkards.

And drunkards become poets overnight.


It is an asylum of my dreams.

It turns neon every night.

Not like stars or the moon.

But like how when,

The sun drank gallons of chardonnay,

And forgot to close his eyes,

Before going to sleep.


It is a reminder,

That things don’t last long,

That your mom warns to tear it.

That your dads keeps an eye, if it isn’t a poster of a naked girl,

Of how I laugh, that even if it was a girl,

I wish this girl, this city, kisses me to sleep,

Everynight.


It is a banned megalomaniac.

It is an emergency exit,

Since it bandaged arms,

When the world was painting the streets red.


It is a price tag to my Cup.

Validating that windows are not only to look out from,

Someone is always trying to peek into,

Someone is always trying to climb and jump into your room,

Someone is always trying to reach out.

Maybe asking for help,

Or asking your hand for a suicidal date,

To the lake.


That mirrors are double sided,

It’s an excuse that you never saw the person behind.

That a bed is more than a scared tattered shelter,

In a curfewed night.


That your hand, pointing out directions,

At the city’s busiest crossroad,

Is a symbol, that Hope is riding on a white stallion.

Reaching.

(hold on)

                                          -S.Dhar.

Comments

Popular Posts