REMINISCING

I remind myself
As long as I am breathing
I am alive,
Sometimes I need it to be
That simple so that I don’t overwhelm with all the  wish,
Packed up and ready to go anywhere
But here
But I always windup traveling
Through faded memories,
While I was alone,
No one to remember the time.

I am barely the best version of myself
But Fuck, I tried
And sometimes, I am too loud
And too much
But silence makes me wanna cry,
And best being emotional,
And I need you tonight
Take me away
Anywhere but here
Possibility, I will be happy
As long as you stay
Tell me, it is anywhere else
And that’s ideal for me.

I will put a pin on a map,
Close my eyes,
Imagine your face,
Reminiscing  What could  Have been,
After sometime
Left feeling unfazed,
And free,
You always know
How to do that to me
                 -S Dhar

Comments

Popular Posts