"the next time"

The next time I hold the pen
I promise,
I won’t let my words meet you
The horizon, maybe
Not you
But today I let them loose
Turns out.
You are the ruler
They crave to slave for.
Funny how
My definition of love went from
Princes charming with the perfect smile
To goofy grin with unkempt stubble,
Or maybe I should just
Write my own fairytale
Only that my princess charming has
Crooked tooth
And her eyes  do not twinkle
‘Like stars in a midnight sky’

My own fairytale
Only that princess is not
The damsel in destress
But a hopeless romanticist
Playing around imperfect words
Until they make sense
My own fairytale
Only that Cinderella shoes
But her words do
This is the last time
I say that
Because,
Next time I hold my pen
I promise,
I wouldn’t let my words meet you
The moon, maybe
Not you
Or that’s what I’ll say
The next time
And the next
And the next
Until I’m finally
Out of words

   S.Dhar

Comments

Popular Posts